FIND A CAREER
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
VP of Operations
CLARCOR Air Filtration - Jeffersonville
The Vice President of Operations directs manages and coordinates all activities associated with manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, maintenance and company strategic alignment.
This position is responsible for efficient, economical and safe manufacturing of company products in conformance with established goals and objectives. The Vice President of Operations is directly accountable for leading the manufacturing organization to a level of performance identifiable with World Class organizations, utilizing lean production and continual improvement techniques. This position is responsible for formulation and adherence to annual budgets for above departments. Reporting directly to the President, the Vice President of Operations will have responsibility for all aspects of manufacturing and materials management. The Vice President of Operations will work with leaders from teams across the company, including Product Management, Marketing and Sales to execute on the product roadmap.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to)
1. Ensure that all manufacturing operations are operated safely and in compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations.
2. Participate in formulating and administering company policies and developing long range goals and objectives. This includes the direction, focus, and visualization of activities in responsible departments to further the overall progressive goals and objectives and monitor their progress.
3. Direct the company's manufacturing activities to ensure maximum effectiveness is obtained for the production of quality products within specified time and budgetary guidelines.
4. Accountable for ensuring products meet or exceed customer quality standards and required delivery schedules are met. Formulate processes to enable ISO certification.
5. Interface with New Product Development and Sales/Marketing to coordinate the introduction and production of new products.
6. Directs manufacturing engineering efforts to ensure company facilities and equipment are adequately designed, built and maintained. The emphasis will be on robust equipment/processes utilizing poke yoke techniques and quick change over. Likewise, create strategies to reduce labor cost, reduce scrap, and ensure a product free of defects.
1. Provide leadership as a member of the Senior Management Team.
2. Provide leadership in continuous improvement activities and successfully enable scalability to achieve our goals of meeting quality, cost, and delivery objectives.
3. Lead the development and implementation of policies, plans and practices regarding product supply/demand and delivery and authorize the implementation of strategy and policies.
4. Proactively work with product management, marketing, and engineering (development and QA) teams to provide hardware development solutions and manufacturing engineering support.
5. Work cooperatively with all other management functions.
6. Ability to travel as required to support business activities.
• Extensive experience in delivering multiple complex system level products
• Bachelor’s degree required. Masters degree in Engineering discipline or MBA preferred
• Candidate will exhibit characteristics of a leader who is determined, results oriented, persuasive, and a strong communicator
• 10+ years of experience managing teams is required
• 10+ years of experience in global manufacturing leadership position strongly preferred
• Ability to lead and mentor staff to achieve significant results
• Ability to influence, negotiate and gain commitment at all organization levels
• Possess high professional ethics, good judgment, and ability to take decisive action
• Superb communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
• Experience ensuring safety and compliance with state and federal safety requirements.
We are an EEO employer for Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons & Protected Veterans.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
Send This Job to a Friend
CA SB 657 Disclosure