At Connections Academy, helping students maximize their potential and meet the highest performance standards through a uniquely individualized learning program is at the core of our mission. Connections Academy was founded in 2001 to deliver high-quality,
highly accountable online education to students in grades K-12. Hallmarks of Connections Academy-supported online schools include personalized learning, an award-winning curriculum and Education Management System (EMS), dedicated state-certified teachers,
and a supportive school community. Parents of enrolled students consistently share their satisfaction with Connections Academy: 92% “would recommend the schools to other families” and 95% say the curriculum is “high quality.” In 2017, Connections Academy-supported
public schools serve students in 27 states, while the private online school, International Connections Academy meets the online school needs of students worldwide. Recognized for its outstanding curriculum and leadership, Connections Academy is committed to
expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success. Connections Academy is part of the global learning company, Pearson, and its Online & Blended Learning group. For more information, visit
Working from his/her home, the Speech Language Pathologist (Part-time) will provide virtual speech therapy to students K-12 throughout various Connections Academy schools. He/she will connect with students using webcams and web conferencing software, while
using the company's online Education Management System to manage his/her caseload and minimize paperwork.
- Provide high quality speech language services to assigned students while supporting program implementation.
- Planning and implementing individual and group therapy in a virtual environment;
- Be an expert on assigned school and state specific policies and procedures for implementing LiveSpeech services;
- Maintain a positive working relationship between the LiveSpeech team, and the schools and programs he/she is serving;
- Analyze pertinent and a variety of reports to maintain compliance;
- Maintain a high level of communication with the leadership team and school staff;
- Timely and complete documentation of therapeutic interventions;
- Conduct screenings and formal and informal evaluation of all students’ communication needs;
- Communicate regularly with parents/learning coaches of students with speech/language needs as well as school special education staff to insure that their IEP goals are being met, and that their needs are addressed in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Consult with teachers and coordinate the implementation of specially designed instruction as defined in the IEP regarding students with speech/language needs and potential learning issues;
- Special Education case management of select students whose only special education need is speech therapy; this will include scheduling, organizing and conducting IEP related meetings in a virtual environment, as needed;
- Assist, as needed, with the organization and proper implementation of all paperwork, documentation and procedures for the IEP process for select students;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date data in the company’s Education Management System and special education software; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Connections Education is focused on providing a flexible work environment to its employees, including the ability to work from home on a regular basis in most positions. We believe that flexibility in work/life balance is a critical part of our culture
and employee satisfaction, and we are proud to provide to our employees the ability to work from anywhere, anytime. In exchange, we require that employees have the appropriate means to work remotely, including adherence to our work at home policies regarding
home office setup, including but not limited to privacy of records, technology standards, equipment standards and expectations.
The following equipment will be provided to you by the company as a part-time employee:
The following equipment will need to be provided by you, as the employee, when working from home:
- 2nd monitor
- Mouse (required)
- Keyboard (required)