Founded in 2001, Connections Education is a leading provider of high-quality, highly accountable online education solutions for schools, school districts, and students in grades K–12. It serves families and schools with a variety of digital learning and online
school solutions including Connections Academy, International Connections Academy, and
Pearson Connexus. In 2017, Connections Education brings full-time online and blended school to 65,000 students across the U.S. and abroad, and delivers online courses to over 340,000 students. In total, over 400,000 students in the U.S. and 48 countries
will receive online learning from Connections Education in 2017. Connections Education is based in Baltimore, Maryland and was named a “Top Workplace” by the Baltimore Sun for the third consecutive year and a 2013 “Best Place to Work” by Baltimore magazine.
Regularly recognized for its outstanding curriculum and leadership, Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success. Connections Education is part of the
global education company, Pearson.
Working as an independent contractor from home, the Middle School Science Curriculum Writer will collaborate with the Curriculum Development team to enhance computer-based lessons in our middle school (grades 6-8) Science courses to meet state standards.
Effective communication with the Project Managers and other Curriculum Development team members is essential. Candidates with experience in content development in the areas of Science and developing standard aligned lesson content are encouraged to apply.
The Middle School Science Curriculum Writer’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluate computer-based lessons and assessments for alignment to state science standards;
- Develop and add new content to existing lessons to align to state standards, as well as develop new questions to assess state standards;
- Ensure that new content is accurate as w ell as consistent with principles of quality educational lesson and assessment design;
- Ensure that the new content aligns to the accessibility guidelines;
- Work with Project Managers and the Curriculum Development team to maintain a comprehensive and consistent student experience; and
- Other duties as assigned.