||Full-Time Arizona Special Education Substitute Teacher
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning, and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life, to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether
it’s one child in our own backyard or an educational community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the
boundaries of technology—and each other to surpass these boundaries—we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Pearson’s Online & Blended Learning K-12 group provides high-quality, highly accountable online education solutions to schools, school districts and students in grades K-12. It serves families and schools with a variety of digital learning and online school
solutions including Connections Academy, International Connections Academy, and Pearson Connexus. In 2017, it will deliver online learning to over 400,000 students in the U.S. and 48 countries. The group, formerly known as Connections Education, is based in
Columbia, Maryland and has been named a “Top Workplace” by the Baltimore Sun for three consecutive years and a “Best Place to Work” by Baltimore magazine. Recognized for its outstanding curriculum, high-quality teachers and leadership, Pearson Online & Blended
Learning is committed to expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
Through use of the telephone, Internet and various curriculum tools, the Full-Time Special Education Substitute Teacher will consult regularly with students and Learning Coaches to ensure that each child successfully completes his/her individual instructional
program. The Full-Time Special Education Substitute Teacher will participate in all steps of the IEP process, from analyzing data to delivering and monitoring the IEP. They will work closely with teachers and school professionals to ensure that the assigned
school’s special education program is successful and operating in compliance with federal and state regulations. The Full-Time Special Education Substitute Teacher will utilize the online classroom (LiveLesson) to deliver virtual small group or individual
instruction. The Full-Time Special Education Substitute Teacher will support Connections Academy schools’ staffing during long-term absences or unfilled vacancies in at least the states of
Arizona, New Mexico, and Nevada, though may be asked to cover shorter assignments in other states, as needed. The Full-Time Special Education Substitute Teacher will also be responsible for the training and mentoring of both
full-time and part-time substitute staff, as well as be responsible for other department initiatives and projects. This is a work from home position with benefits.
The duties of a Full-Time Special Education Substitute Teacher include, but are not limited to:
- Become an expert at the Special Education laws and school Special Education policies for at least the states of
Arizona, New Mexico and Nevada; others may be assigned in the future based on need.
- Case manage a group of students, write and deliver IEPs, and provide direct services through the virtual classroom (LiveLesson), as required by the assigned school.
- Work with general educators to ensure that IEP goals and accommodations are being met, and that students are provided with FAPE.
- Communicate with parents, students and other teachers on a regular basis to develop and update individualized learning plans and schedules, score assessments, provide feedback on student work, suggest instructional approaches and strategies, monitor completion
of assignments, and coach special projects.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date data in the school’s Learning Management System and special education software.
- Complete all grading, generate progress reports, and conduct parent conferences in a timely manner, as instructed by the school.
- Maintain Effective (minimum) ratings at the end of each substitute assignment
- Provide mentoring and training to substitute teachers, including regular support office hours.
- Be responsible for assigned department initiatives or projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Special Education;
- Must have a valid Special Education teacher certification in Arizona; multiple certifications a plus;
- Ability to obtain and maintain Special Education certification in states as assigned, with at least
New Mexico and Nevada;
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience as a special educator; experience preparing for, writing and delivering IEPs required;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced environment that requires significant flexibility, effective prioritization of tasks, self-direction, and creativity;
- Excellent attention to detail, and strong time management and organizational skills
- Commitment to student achievement;
- Strong technology skills; experience with Microsoft Office programs and Google applications is preferred;
- Customer-focused approach and team-player track record;
- Must be available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (and must be able to maintain those hours in whatever time zone the assigned school is located);
- May not provide care for others while on assignment. Alternative care arrangements must be made;
- Complete required orientation and training programs within 30 days of hire, and at the beginning of each school year;
- Ability to work occasional evening hours, as needed, to support some families.
||Send This Job to a Friend