||Customer Service Analyst
||Columbia, MD or Home-based
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether
it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the
boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Working remotely or from our Columbia, MD office, the Customer Service Analyst serves as part of a team dedicated to providing Online & Blended Learning school employees and customers with exceptional support and training. The "ideal candidate" has former
experience working in Connections Academy schools, Connexus Systems, and has a background as an educator. All members of the School Support Help Desk Team help facilitate the ability of school-based employees to enhance the educational experience of students.
The Customer Support Analyst provides consistent, professional, courteous, and complete support for all school-based staff, corporate staff, and customers, by handling inbound calls to the School Support Help Desk and assisting our staff and customers to evolve
their understanding of our program and Education Management Systems (Connexus and Connexus EMS).
The Customer Support Analyst will be responsible for answering inbound calls throughout their daily shift from 11:00 am EST – 8:00 pm EST and monitor agent activity in the evenings. Calls often require research and follow up to fully resolve the issue. Research
is aided by prior experience, SalesForce call flows, Connexus Help, Guides, and other materials. The Customer Support Analyst is responsible and held accountable for finding answers to callers’ questions and facilitating resolution of an issue. We cover a
wide range of issues to be handled, including, but not limited to, Connexus, Pearson Connexus, SYC, Data, and school procedures.
The Customer Support Analyst will take on various other tasks as assigned by Leadership.
- Handle inbound calls professionally, accurately, consistently, and efficiently;
- Work to problem solve issues that are called in or assigned, until the issue is resolved.
- Transfer inbound calls to the appropriate staff when applicable;
- Work with issue tickets (those assigned and those created), SalesForce, and other programs as needed to track and resolve issues;
- Develop and maintain an in depth expertise in Connexus, Pearson Connexus, third party resources, and school year cycle tasks to support teachers and school staff;
- Complete various projects such as meeting presentations or customer service training reviews as defined by Leadership;
- Work collaboratively as a member of the Customer Support team, with schools and other corporate departments such as Instructional Program Development, Connexus Management, Software Development, and Operations Departments; and
- Take a lead role in at least one project planning area (School Representatives Lead. SalesForce, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Education, Education Technology, or a related field required
- Prior experience working within Online and Blended Learning or an Online & Blended Learning supported school or program
- Familiarity with the Learning Management Systems (Connexus®, GradPoint, or Connexus EMS)
- Exceptional phone manners and customer-service skills
- Clear verbal and written communications
- Effective and consistent interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude with a customer-focused approach
- High degree of adaptability and flexibility
- Commitment to a regular schedule with hours from 11:00 am EST – 8:00 pm EST following break protocols as outlined by the employee handbook.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and respond to change
- Team player track record and commitment to a group-oriented approach
- Technologically proficient (especially with Microsoft OS, MS Office, and Google Applications)
- Help Desk queue agent experience is preferred.
- Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-MD-Columbia
Work Locations: US-MD-Columbia-Grantchester Merriweather 10960 Grantchester Way Two Merriweather Columbia 21044
Job: Customer Service
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Aug 1, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1909594
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If Interested, Please follow the link below, do not apply via the "Apply Online" button at the bottom of the page.
||Send This Job to a Friend