At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks
into laptop lessons, we are always reexamining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in
an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology—and each other to surpass these boundaries—we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large
Pearson’s Online & Blended Learning K-12 group provides high-quality, highly accountable online education solutions to schools, school districts and students in grades K-12.
It serves families and schools with a variety of digital learning and online school solutions including Connections Academy, International Connections Academy, and Pearson Connexus. In 2017, it will deliver online learning to over 400,000 students in the U.S.
and 48 countries. The group, formerly known as Connections Education, is based in Columbia, Maryland and has been named a “Top Workplace” by the Baltimore Sun for three consecutive years and a “Best Place to Work” by Baltimore magazine. Recognized for its
outstanding curriculum, high-quality teachers and leadership, Pearson Online & Blended Learning is committed to expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
Working from a home office, the Assessment Design Specialist (Independent Contractor) is responsible for analyzing and leading the development of curriculum assessments in elementary science and social studies courses. Working
with the Manager of Assessment Design, the Assessment Design Specialist (IC) will review authoring and alignment of assessment items to local and/or national curriculum standards and inform the development of formative and summative assessments. Effective
communication with assessment design management, other assessment design specialists, assessment writers, curriculum specialists and managers, content editors, and copy editors is essential. Candidates with background knowledge and demonstrated application
of the ADDIE (Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement & Evaluate) process, next generation assessment, and technology-enhanced item authoring are encouraged to apply.
- Analyze curriculum and student data to evaluate program effectiveness and to provide information needed for strategic planning;
- Develop curriculum assessment solutions for the purpose of providing users with tools and strategies needed to enhance student learning;
- Lead the development of curriculum assessments to ensure best practices, alignment, rigor, and preparation for national assessments;
- Work with subject-matter experts to create course design specifications containing formative and summative course assessments, learning objectives, lesson topics, and learning activities;
- Serve as a consultant on best practices for technology-enhanced item authoring;
- Stay current on research-based assessment practices and national assessment protocols;
- Work with team of curriculum specialists to develop a comprehensive and consistent academic program; and
- Other duties as assigned
Connections Education is focused on providing a flexible work environment to its employees, including the ability to work from home on a regular basis in most positions. We believe that flexibility in work/life balance is a
critical part of our culture and employee satisfaction, and we are proud to provide to our employees the ability to work from anywhere, anytime. In exchange, we require that employees have the appropriate means to work remotely, including adherence to our
work at home policies regarding home office setup, including but not limited to privacy of records, technology standards, equipment standards and expectations.