Connections Education is a leading provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual education solutions for students in grades K–12. Since 2001, the company’s
Connections Academy has delivered individualized learning to students through virtual public schools. In the 2015-16 school year, Connections Academy supports 30 virtual public schools
in 26 states – serving more than 60,000 students. Connections Education delivers blended (online and on-site) learning in select states via
Nexus Academy schools, while students worldwide seeking a private online school can attend
International Connections Academy. The
Connections Learning by Pearson division meets the needs of schools, school districts, and other institutions looking to develop and enhance their online learning programs. Connections Learning by Pearson delivers a full range of targeted digital learning
solutions to the K–12 education community including online courses, a program for homebound students, a digital learning platform, and private and public online schools. Connections Education is based in Baltimore, Maryland and was named a 2015 “Top Workplace”
by the Baltimore Sun for third consecutive year. Regularly
recognized for its outstanding curriculum and leadership, Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success. Connections Education is part of the global
education company, Pearson.
Working as contractors from home, the Elementary Math Curriculum Writers will be part of a curriculum development project to be implemented in the 2017–2018 school year. The writers are responsible for developing course outlines, writing and revising lesson
plans, and/or creating scripts for online interactive tutorials. Effective communication with Curriculum and Instruction Management team, Curriculum Specialists, Editors, and Program Managers is essential. Candidates with experience in teaching and content
development in the areas of Elementary Education are encouraged to apply.
- Develop course outlines to meet state and/or national standards;
- Develop lessons, which will be delivered online, to meet state and/or national standards;
- Develop scripts for online interactive tutorials;
- Design and develop innovative instructional strategies to teach concepts and skills;
- Work and meet with the Curriculum Development team to develop a comprehensive and consistent academic program;
- Review interactive/online courses according to predetermined criteria in an online/Web-based format;
- Work with editorial and curriculum teams to implement a comprehensive and consistent academic program; and
- Other duties as assigned.
These contractual positions are temporary and are usually paid per piece. These positions will be home-based and may be part-time or full-time.