||Training Content and Development Specialist
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always reexamining the way people learn best, whether it’s
one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries
of technology—and each other to surpass these boundaries—we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Pearson’s Online & Blended Learning K-12 group provides high-quality, highly accountable online education solutions to schools, school districts and students in grades K-12. It serves families and schools with a variety of digital learning and online school
solutions including Connections Academy, International Connections Academy, and Pearson Connexus. In 2017, it will deliver online learning to over 400,000 students in the U.S. and 48 countries. The group, formerly known as Connections Education, is based in
Columbia, Maryland and has been named a “Top Workplace” by the Baltimore Sun for three consecutive years and a “Best Place to Work” by Baltimore magazine. Recognized for its outstanding curriculum, high-quality teachers and leadership, Pearson Online & Blended
Learning is committed to expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
The Training Content Development and Management Specialist contributes to the team by developing high-quality training materials, including video tutorials, presentations, and guides to support Pearson Online & Blended Learning. The Specialist must have
exceptional product development, project management, video creation, professional writing, editing, proofreading, and organizational skills.
- Review, evolve, and edit orientation and training resources, including guides, presentations, storyboards, and video-based tutorials for various roles including students, parents, teachers, and administrative staff;
- Using Camtasia video creation software, develop effective tutorial-based training modules;
- Ensure consistency in formatting, tone, and voice in all communication materials produced by the team
- Implement Style Guide protocols in all written work and ensure all published materials are in compliance with company-identified accessibility standards
- Follow team protocols to document progress and save files in a uniform way to keep team resources accurately labeled and organized
- Stay informed about company protocols and product features to anticipate training resource needs based on curriculum updates, program and technology changes, and school-year-cycle milestones;
- Use Demo accounts to verify processes and features before changes are communicated to end users;
- Proactively communicate with customers to identify and understand their needs, and initiate follow through to ensure customer needs are met
- Work with internal departments to manage timelines and effectively communicate and document requested changes for multimedia orientation and training materials;
- Develop and execute project plans to manage a variety of resources that allow ample review and revision periods
- Work with employees in other internal departments to coordinate communication efforts and limit redundancy;
- Any additional duties as assigned.
- Degree in Instructional Design, Communications, English, Education, Education Technology, or a related field preferred, with at least 1-3 years of related experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; ability to write with precision, clarity, and little supervision; writing samples and editing exercises will be required
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Organizational and project-planning skills that are consistent, effective, and reproducible
- Natural curiosity and willingness to investigate an issue until it is resolved and understood
- Approachable and helpful attitude in customer service and support
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Team player with a high degree of flexibility with a commitment to a group-oriented approach
- Ability to respond to change, balance competing priorities in a fast-paced environment, and apply effective time-management skills to support customer communication needs
- Technologically proficient (especially with MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- HTML familiarity and proficiency is a plus
- Familiarity with a learning management system and video creation software preferred
||Send This Job to a Friend