At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always reexamining the way people learn best, whether
it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the
boundaries of technology—and each other to surpass these boundaries—we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Pearson’s Online & Blended Learning K-12 group provides high-quality, highly accountable online education solutions to schools, school districts and students in grades K-12. It serves families and schools with a variety of digital learning and online school
solutions including Connections Academy, International Connections Academy, and Pearson Connexus. In 2017, it delivered online learning to over 400,000 students in the U.S. and 48 countries. The group, formerly known as Connections Education, is based in Columbia,
Maryland and has been named a “Top Workplace” by the Baltimore Sun for three consecutive years and a “Best Place to Work” by Baltimore magazine. Recognized for its outstanding curriculum, high-quality teachers and leadership, Pearson Online & Blended Learning
is committed to expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
Our state certified virtual teachers manage online instructional programs for students around the country and across the globe. Teachers communicate regularly with students to ensure that each student successfully completes his/her instructional program.
This is a work from home position. Compensation will be based on the specific course workload and number of enrolled students. Adjunct teachers are not provided with computer equipment but must have a reliable Internet connection.
The American Sign Language Adjunct Teacher will be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
- Support the instructional program with synchronous and asynchronous web conferencing sessions using Adobe® Connect™;
- Complete all grading by providing prompt, high-quality, personalized feedback on assignments;
- Communicate with students, and other teachers on a regular basis to update pacing plans/schedules for students as required;
- Use data to monitor successful completion of assignments and facilitate appropriate interactions with students that encourage consistent interaction with the course(s);
- Review curriculum and determine course modifications that will promote student achievement for those requiring accommodations through IEPs or 504 plans;
- Consult with team members and administrators to develop alternate enrichment activities and lesson modifications to increase student understanding and promote success for struggling or at-risk students through differentiation;
- Develop a general knowledge of the curriculum and a detailed knowledge of the courses for which you are responsible;
- Communicate regularly with students, using phone, Chat and our WebMail system;
- Adhere to all policies regarding protecting students' well-being and personal information, including following FERPA and Copyright & Fair Use laws
- Keep student performance and participation information up-to-date by grading assessments in a timely manner, and logging all student and parent contacts;
- Utilize a variety of communication tools in the online environment to effectively build relationships and promote student success with students, partner teachers, colleagues, and other stakeholders;
- Foster community and use a welcoming, warm online voice that is inviting and supportive towards students and families;
- Other duties as assigned.
Pearson Online & Blended Learning is focused on providing a flexible work environment to its employees, including the ability to work from home on a regular basis in most positions. We believe that flexibility in work/life balance is a critical part of
our culture and employee satisfaction, and we are proud to provide to our employees the ability to work from anywhere, anytime. In exchange, we require that employees have the appropriate means to work remotely, including adherence to our work at home policies
regarding home office setup, including but not limited to privacy of records, technology standards, equipment standards and expectations.
The following equipment will need to be provided by you, as a part-time employee:
Computer (mouse, keyboard, webcam, microphone/speakers and/or headset), reliable high speed internet, and phone
You must be able to adhere to our