At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always reexamining the way people learn best, whether
it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the
boundaries of technology—and each other to surpass these boundaries—we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Pearson’s Online & Blended Learning K-12 group provides high-quality, highly accountable online education solutions to schools, school districts and students in grades K-12. It serves families and schools with a variety of digital learning and online school
solutions including Connections Academy, International Connections Academy, and Pearson Connexus. In 2017, it will deliver online learning to over 400,000 students in the U.S. and 48 countries. The group, formerly known as Connections Education, is based in
Columbia, Maryland and has been named a “Top Workplace” by the Baltimore Sun for three consecutive years and a “Best Place to Work” by Baltimore magazine. Recognized for its outstanding curriculum, high-quality teachers and leadership, Pearson Online & Blended
Learning is committed to expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
Working as an independent contractor from home, the Health Curriculum Content Writer is responsible for developing and supporting curriculum for health at the high school level.
This may include developing course maps, creating new curriculum; reviewing existing curriculum; modifying, extending, and revising existing lessons; aligning curriculum to state standards; formulating formative and summative assessments; and creating or
modifying content so that it is accessible for all students. Effective communication with the Product Development Management team, other Curriculum Specialists, and Editors is essential.
Candidates with background knowledge and expertise in online learning, curriculum development, Section 508 standards and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), and learning management platforms are encouraged to apply.
- Develop curriculum in both online and offline formats
- Align curriculum to state and national standards
- Develop lessons and activities to meet specific state and national standards
- Develop assessments for both online and offline formats
- Adapt existing lessons to meet program needs
- Adapt existing content to meet accessibility standards
- Identify innovative strategies to meet the curricular demands of the program
- Work with curriculum, editorial, and accessibility teams to develop a comprehensive and consistent academic program
- Provide subject matter expertise as needed for various company efforts
- Staying current on most recent subject area strategies, trends, and initiatives
- Other duties as assigned