||Art Adjunct Teacher, 2019-2020 School Year
Oregon Connections Academy (ORCA) is a tuition-free, online public school serving students in grades K–12 throughout the state. ORCA is authorized by the Santiam Canyon School District and is governed by its own independent charter school board. The school
has been in operation since 2005 and is accredited by AdvancED.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Working out of his/her home in Oregon, the Adjunct Teacher will “virtually” manage subject-specific instructional programs. Compensation will be based on the specific course workload and number of enrolled students. He/she will be responsible for monitoring
progress, evaluating work, running online instructional/tutorial sessions, providing academic guidance, and being the subject-matter expert for a caseload of middle/high school students. The Adjunct Teacher must be able to complete work related responsibilities
through a combination of regular office hours during the school day in conjunctions with hours scheduled outside the normal school day. Through use of the telephone, Internet and various curriculum tools, they will consult regularly with learning coaches and
students to ensure that each child successfully completes his/her instructional program.
The Art Adjunct Teacher will be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
- Communicate with parents/learning coaches, students and other teachers via the phone, WebMail, asynchronous discussions and synchronous “conferencing”;
- Instruct students, monitor student work, provide feedback, and suggest instructional approaches and strategies;
- Monitor completion of assignments in the given subject area;
- Score assessments and projects in the given subject area;
- Communicate with Advisory teachers and school counselors; report student issues and coordinate communication schedules;
- Conduct online tutorial and instructional sessions for students (utilizing online conferencing software);
- Develop a very detailed knowledge of the curriculum for which responsible (subject expert);
- Provide struggling students (and parents) with alternate strategies and additional assistance;
- Complete all required training sessions throughout the year; and
- Other duties as assigned.