At Connections Academy, helping students maximize their potential and meet the highest performance standards through a uniquely individualized learning program is at the core of our mission. Connections Academy
was founded in 2001 to deliver high-quality, highly accountable online education to students in grades K-12. Hallmarks of Connections Academy-supported online schools include personalized learning, an award-winning curriculum and Education Management System
(EMS), dedicated state-certified teachers, and a supportive school community. Parents of enrolled students consistently share their satisfaction with Connections Academy: 92% “would recommend the schools to other families” and 95% say the curriculum is “high
quality.” In 2017, Connections Academy-supported public schools serve students in 27 states, while the private online school, International Connections Academy meets the online school needs of students worldwide. Recognized for its outstanding curriculum and
leadership, Connections Academy is committed to expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success. Connections Academy is part of the global learning company, Pearson, and its Online & Blended Learning
group. For more information, visit www.ConnectionsAcademy.com.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Working out of his/her home in Tennessee, the Adjunct Teacher will virtually manage subject-specific instructional programs. Compensation will be based on the specific course workload and number of enrolled students. He/she will be responsible for monitoring
progress, evaluating work, running online instructional/tutorial sessions, providing academic guidance, and being the subject-matter expert for a caseload of K-12/middle/high school students. The Adjunct Teacher must be able to complete work related responsibilities
through a combination of regular office hours during the school day in conjunction with hours scheduled outside the normal school day. Through use of the telephone, Internet and various curriculum tools, the adjunct teacher will consult regularly with learning
coaches and students to ensure that each child successfully completes his/her instructional program. The adjunct will report to a member of the school’s leadership team (Principal, AP, Master Teacher).
The Adjunct Teacher will be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
- Communicate with parents/learning coaches, students and other teachers via the phone, WebMail, asynchronous discussions, and synchronous “conferencing”;
- Instruct students, monitor student work, provide feedback, and suggest instructional approaches and strategies;
- Monitor completion of assignments in the given subject area;
- Score assessments and projects in the given subject area;
- Communicate with Advisory teachers and school counselors; report student issues and coordinate communication schedules;
- Conduct online tutorial and instructional sessions for students (utilizing online conferencing software);
- Develop a very detailed knowledge of the curriculum for which responsible (subject expert);
- Provide struggling students (and parents) with alternate strategies and additional assistance;
- Complete all required training sessions throughout the year;
- Other duties as assigned.