||High School Science Curriculum Content Editor (Independent Contractor)
Connections Education is a leading, fully-accredited provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual education solutions for students in grades K–12. Connections Education is part of the global learning company Pearson (NYSE:PSO) and is committed to expanding quality education through technology and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
Since 2001, the company’s Connections Academy division has delivered individualized learning to students through full-time virtual public schools. In the 2013-14 school year, 26 Connections Academy virtual public schools will operate in 23 states and expect to serve more than 50,000 students in grades K-12 (some schools do not serve all grades) from across the U.S.
The Connections Learning by Pearson division delivers a full range of quality, affordable, and turnkey online learning solutions to the K-12 education community and individuals including online courses, a program for homebound students, a digital learning platform, a private international online school, and blended Nexus Academy schools. More than 1,000 schools, school districts, state departments of education and other educational institutions, serving tens of thousands of students throughout the U.S. and beyond, utilize Connections Learning by Pearson products and services.
Working as contractors from home, the High School Science Content Editor will be part of curriculum development projects to be implemented in the 2014-2015 school year, focusing on modifications needed for Earth Science, Physical Science, and Chemistry courses. The High School Science Content Editor will work with the High School Science Curriculum Writer and curriculum and editorial teams to ensure the quality and accuracy of content. The High School Science Content Editor will also become familiar with and apply Connections Education’s general editorial style guidelines. The High School Science Content Editor is responsible for reviewing course outlines, lesson plans, and scripts for Earth Science, Physical Science, and Chemistry. Effective communication with the Project Specialists and other curriculum and instruction team members is essential. Candidates with experience in teaching and content development in the area of Earth Science, Physical Science, and Chemistry are encouraged to apply.
The High School Science Content Editor responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Verify content modifications made to Earth Science, Physical Science, and Chemistry courses ;
• Review course outlines and lessons to meet state and/or national standards;
• Review scaffolded content using Bloom’s Taxonomy for Foundation, Standard, and/or Gifted and Talented levels;
• Review design and development of innovative instructional strategies to teach concepts and skills;
• Content edit scripts for online tutorials;
• Collaborate with curriculum development and editorial teams to develop a comprehensive and consistent academic program;
• Review interactive/online courses according to predetermined criteria in an online/Web-based format; and
• Other duties as assigned.
These contractual positions are temporary and are usually paid per piece. These positions will be home-based and may be part-time or full-time.
||• Bachelor’s degree in Science or Education (post-secondary a plus) and equivalent content area expertise in Earth Science, Physical Science, and Chemistry
• Experience teaching and delivering instructional material for standard, gifted and talented, and/or foundational levels
• Content development experience using Bloom’s Taxonomy
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Detail oriented
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to positively receive constructive feedback in order to improve the quality of work
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to follow through
• Ability to follow explicit instructions consistently, but also able to exercise good judgment when making work-related decisions
• Ability to effectively meet deadlines
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite
||Send This Job to a Friend