||Associate Project Manager
Founded in 2001, Connections Education is a leading provider of high-quality, highly accountable online education solutions for schools, school districts, and students in grades K–12. It serves families and schools with a variety of digital learning and online
school solutions including Connections Academy,
International Connections Academy, and Pearson
Connexus. In 2017, Connections Education brings full-time online and blended school to 65,000 students across the U.S. and abroad, and delivers online courses to over 340,000 students. In total, over 400,000 students in the U.S. and 48 countries will receive
online learning from Connections Education in 2017. Connections Education is based in Baltimore, Maryland and was named a “Top Workplace” by the Baltimore Sun for the third consecutive year and a 2013 “Best Place to Work” by Baltimore magazine. Regularly recognized
for its outstanding curriculum and leadership, Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success. Connections Education is part of the global education company,
Working from home or from our office in Columbia, MD the Associate Project Manager will work with senior and mid-level management in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment to lead and manage cross-departmental operations projects to ensure that milestone
and deliverable targets are met. The Associate Project Manager will create and deliver regular departmental project status reporting and become part of a project service function to drive project request tracking, prioritization, and updating.
- Launch, execute, and successfully complete cross-functional projects using PMI methodologies on time, within budget, and at an expected level of quality.
- Develop project plans that include standard project launch documentation including concept/vision, project charter/scope, and project schedule.
- Provide direct support to Business Owner and Project Stakeholders, leading project collaboration, weekly status meetings and reporting, schedule tracking, issue tracking and resolution, risk tracking and mitigation, budget development, cost tracking and
reporting, deliverable tracking, and communications.
- Develop and manage project workspaces on Project Server to share/communicate project documents, schedule, current task status, issues, risks, and variances.
- Measure work progress against project schedules, report updates and variances, and deliver measurable results.
- Work with the project team members to proactively identify, mitigate and/or resolve project risks/issues.
- Assist in the development of the Operation’s Project Management COE that promotes and uses collaboration, best practices, structured approaches, and continuous improvement to drive superior project results.
- Prepare and conduct internal training on project management tools, processes, and best practices.
- Develop and organize briefings, presentations and white papers for senior management team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Connections Education is focused on providing a flexible work environment to its employees, including the ability to work from home on a regular basis in most positions. We believe that flexibility in work/life balance is a critical part of our culture and
employee satisfaction, and we are proud to provide to our employees the ability to work from anywhere, anytime. In exchange, we require that employees have the appropriate means to work remotely, including adherence to our work at home policies regarding home
office setup, including but not limited to privacy of records, technology standards, equipment standards and expectations.
The following equipment will be provided to you by the company as a full-time employee:
The following equipment will need to be provided by you, as the employee, when working from home:
- Second Monitor – Highly Preferred
- Keyboard – Highly Preferred
- Mouse – Highly Preferred
- 2 – 4 years project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. PMI-CAPM or PMP Certification preferred.
- Extensive experience using MS Office Suite with emphasis on Excel, Access, SharePoint, MS Project and MS Project Server
- Experience in business process management working with workflow/process mapping, and Visio preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead high level, cross functional projects and project teams
- Motivated to excel, strive for excellence, and passionate for the customer
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting and consensus building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Ability to drive decision-making process with diplomacy and enthusiasm across multiple cross-functional departments
- Change management, facilitation, collaboration and negotiation skills
- Flexibility in schedule to meet seasonal goals and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Excellent time management including the prioritization of tasks and controlling scope
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills
- Efficient and flexible with an entrepreneurial spirit and a zeal for innovation
- Responsive and detail oriented
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment, with ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Accepts and assesses multiple points of view; sees the value in multiple perspectives and balances them
- Willingness to learn, with ability to deal with and manage through ambiguity
- Internet and email skills required
||Send This Job to a Friend