||Special Projects Editor
||Full Time Regular
InvestmentNews, the preeminent source of news and information for financial advisers, is seeking a creative and detail-oriented
Special Projects Editor to help expand our fast-growing franchise of editorial-based projects that grow and engage our core audience and generate revenue. The role involves developing concepts for, and working with our editorial team to produce
supplements, newsletters, events and print and online features that may be tied to award-recognition programs. The person in this role will be expected to act as a liaison between our editorial, sales and marketing teams to ensure that all stakeholders are
working in sync. This position will report the editor.
Objectives & Responsibilities
- Special projects: Develop new editorial initiatives and oversee existing ones, including:
- 40 Under 40
- Women to Watch
- Icons and Innovators
- Best Places to Work
- Editorial supplements: Manage all print supplements (formulate ideas, assign stories, edit material, work with art department and freelancers to produce supplements).
- Assist in the deployment of editorial newsletters
- Program editorial webcasts, roundtables and conferences
- Develop and oversee a cohesive strategy for utilizing and distributing content (blogs, op-eds, etc.) from outside industry influencers.
- 3+ years of experience as an Editor.
- Track record to motivate reporters and other staff members in news room.
- Superb editing skills.
- Excellent editorial judgment. Ability to recognize when a potential piece is problematic and needs to be reworked or rejected.
- Ability to delegate tasks and enforce deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple large projects at the same time and keep teams with varied responsibilities on track.
- 4-year degree required.
- Prior project management experience.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with creating and overseeing special reports.
- Ability to think outside of the box and offer new ideas for big projects.
- Online experience, including content management systems.
- Great interpersonal skills to interact with heavy hitters from the financial services industry.
is the leading brand serving the financial adviser industry through a variety of properties and platforms including print, digital, events, research and custom projects. Our team is passionate about our brand and dedicated to being the most-valued
resource for information on investments, retirement, practice management and technology for the financial advice industry.
Crain Communications has been at the forefront of the publishing industry for more than a century. Combining information with innovation, Crain delivers the story you can’t get anywhere else. As a privately held company,
we maintain a personal responsibility for elevating our work to be the best it can be. Every editor, reporter and correspondent at Crain shares the responsibility of ensuring the editorial independence and importance of our work. With an Audience First focus
and uncompromising integrity, we strive to make a real impact for the individuals and industries we serve. While other media companies report the news, Crain gives it meaning. We add context to content, infuse information with insights, and initiate connections
as well as conversations.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing
Follow Crain on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Glassdoor
Crain Communications Inc is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status
as a protected veteran, or disability. We thank you for your interest in Crain Communications and invite you to visit our website as positions are updated regularly. EOE/Vet/Disability
Please view the Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law Poster provided by OFCCP
||Send This Job to a Friend