||Marketing Tech Reporter
||Full Time Regular
Objectives & Responsibilities
- The marketing tech reporter will cover the rapidly expanding beat of marketing technology and ad technology.
- The reporter will report news and features on the marketing tech beat, writing stories for the Ad Age website and the print publication
- Reporter will be charged with diving into how digital technologies are transforming the buying, selling and placement of advertising and explaining that to our readers.
- Right candidate should be able to help readers differentiate between plausible players in a growing sector and snake-oil salesmen.
- This will be a high-profile, high-stakes beat for Ad Age, which strives to keep its readers ahead of the changes impacting their companies. As such, candidates should be comfortable with public speaking and media appearances.
- We will not pay for relocation
- Must have professional journalism experience.
- 3+ year experience business reporting experience.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely about complex topics.
- Ability to produce clean copy and do basic editing.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications or similar field.
- Must be familiar with current social-media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and others.
- Should be comfortable with using web-based content-management systems for publishing to the web.
- Experience covering digital companies preferred
- Someone with a general knowledge of the advertising industry preferred
- Someone with an established social-media presence.
- Someone who is comfortable on stage or in front of a camera
Ad Age began as a broadsheet newspaper in 1930 and has grown into a award-winning, fast-paced news group that publishes in print, digital and video. It also convenes major industry events such as the annual Digital Conference
and features the industry's best creative work. It is published by Crain Communications Inc. and headquartered in New York.
Crain Communications has been at the forefront of the publishing industry for more than a century. Combining information with innovation, Crain delivers the story you can’t get anywhere else. As a privately held company,
we maintain a personal responsibility for elevating our work to be the best it can be. Every editor, reporter and correspondent at Crain shares the responsibility of ensuring the editorial independence and importance of our work. With an Audience First focus
and uncompromising integrity, we strive to make a real impact for the individuals and industries we serve. While other media companies report the news, Crain gives it meaning. We add context to content, infuse information with insights, and initiate connections
as well as conversations.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing
Follow Crain on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Glassdoor
Crain Communications Inc is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status
as a protected veteran, or disability. We thank you for your interest in Crain Communications and invite you to visit our website as positions are updated regularly. EOE/Vet/Disability
Please view the Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law Poster provided by OFCCP
||Send This Job to a Friend