||Crain Communications Inc
||HR Generalist - Recruiting
||Full Time Regular
Crain Communications’ HR Generalist - Recruiting will join an HR team that is focused on creating a great interview and onboarding experience for candidates and internal hiring teams. They will be a “people person” who takes pride in their ability to be
a “process person” too. This role will also allow the opportunity to directly impact the success of ongoing, and yet to be created, initiatives in recruiting, retention and employee engagement. Working under the guidance of the Talent Acquisition Manager,
this Detroit based role will be a full life-cycle recruiting and follow OFCCP process.
- Ensure adherence to OFCCP process compliance, including documentation and supporting steps are completed within ATS.
- Build and own a sourcing pipeline of top tier candidates for digital, sales, editorial and marketing positions, from internship to mid-level across all Crain locations.
- Promote postings using social media platforms.
- Conduct all initial phone interview screens to assess candidate qualifications.
- Coordinate interviews with appropriate hiring teams; gather and provide timely feedback while ensuring an efficient recruiting process.
- Consult with Talent Acquisition Manager, hiring leaders, and HR leadership on hiring decisions.
- Update and manage all recruiting reports.
- Support and assit with various HR projects and initiatives.
- Manage exit survey and interviews across all locations.
- Coordinate employee meetings/events in conjunction with other teams (the brands, and Facilities). Such meetings include Crain Cares events, employee training, retirement education programs, lunch & learns, etc.
- Maintain org charts in Visio
- Various administrative duties as assigned
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or HR management.
- Minimum 3 years’ HR experience in a generalist or recruiting role within a corporate office environment.
- Minimum of 1 year in-house/corporate recruiting of professional level positions for a media, advertising, or marketing related company.
- Proven record of providing high quality hires quickly for hard to fill positions with the ability to speak to those metrics.
- Experience which demonstrates self-motivation and the ability to work independently within a decentralized HR team structure supporting hiring teams across multiple locations.
- Ability to be creative and adaptable in recruiting style to meet individual team needs while still following a structured OFCCP recruiting process.
- Experience with direct sourcing, web research, networking, social networks, professional associations, referrals, applicant tracking system, etc.
- Experience utilizing recruitment technology and tools including LinkedIn Recruiter and video technology for interviewing such as Skype, Lync or similar platform
- Background working on detailed, time sensitive work while still providing a high level of customer service
- HRIS management/administration experience
- Strong customer focus
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize projects quickly and efficiently
- Effective written and oral communication skills with all organization levels.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly develop and maintain strong relationships with internal customers and to produce results.
- MS Office Suite profieciency, including meeting scheduling in Outlook
- Interest and ability to leverage different technologies for surveys, reporting, and presentations.
- Must be able to work traditional office hours in our downtown Detroit office with ability to be responsive to recruiting needs outside of traditional hours.
- Experience recruiting nationally, preferably within New York, Chicago, and/or Detroit markets.
- Experience recruiting within the media/journalism industry.
- Experience recruiting for digital, marketing, events, custom content, sales, editorial and/or design positions.
- Background creating internship, fellowship and/or outreach program.
- Background in diversity and/or veterans recruiting.
- Experience following OFCCP guidelines.
- UltiPro/Ultimate ATS software experience.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit-sharing and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization — a profitable, well-established publishing leader.
Follow Crain on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Glassdoor
Crain Communications Inc is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status
as a protected veteran, or disability. We thank you for your interest in Crain Communications and invite you to visit our website as positions are updated regularly. EOE/Vet/Disability
Please view the Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law Poster provided by OFCCP
||Send This Job to a Friend