• Successful solutions based sales experience
• Proven experience prospecting and developing new business as well as managing and growing existing business
• Documented experience achieving all sales goals through a focused and strategic approach to sales
• Demonstrated experience creating programs and partnering with customers as they grow and market their business
• Experience presenting to agency contacts as well as business owners and marketers
• Willingness to protect and grow a large existing Classified Account territory.
• Experience identifying, cultivating and converting both Display and Classified prospects into clients while balancing the workload between both worlds.
• Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be computer savvy and willing to enter classified ads into the order system while tracking production and progress.
• Outstanding presentation and listening skills.
• Ability to anticipate customers’ needs, find effective solutions and solve customer’s problems
• Ability to develop and execute business plans to reach and surpass defined revenue goals
• Organized, multi-tasker who thrives in fast paced environment
• Travel will be required
• 5+ years of multi-platform, custom content, and strong digital sales experience
• Inside sales experience preferred
• Business to Business sales experience
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Salesforce.com experience is highly desirable
• Some management experience desired
Interested individuals should provide a cover letter and resume for consideration.
Founded in 1989, Plastics News is a media brand serving primarily the North American market. The Plastics News brand includes the industry’s only weekly print publication, multiple news websites, a dozen e-newsletters,
industry award programs and a half dozen live events, including the Plastics News Executive Forum. From a news perspective, Plastics News covers the business of the global plastics industry. It focuses on commercial, financial, legislative and market-related
developments worldwide that affect North American plastic product manufacturers and their suppliers and customers. The publication’s mission is to report completely, promptly, fairly and accurately, and to provide plastics industry officials with the market
information and competitive intelligence they need to do their jobs more effectively.
Crain Communications has been at the forefront of the publishing industry for more than a century. Combining information with innovation. Crain delivers the story you can’t get anywhere else. As a privately held company,
we maintain a personal responsibility for elevating our work to be the best it can be. Every editor, reporter and correspondent at Crain shares the responsibility of ensuring the editorial independence and importance of our work. With an Audience First focus
and uncompromising integrity, we strive to make a real impact for the individuals and industries we serve. While other media companies report the news, Crain gives it meaning. We add context to content, infuse information with insights, and initiate connections
as well as conversations.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing
Follow Crain on Facebook,