||Crain Communications Inc
||HR Coordinator - Payroll
||Full Time Regular
In this role, you will assist the Total Rewards Team and Payroll manager to provide seamless paydays for all US Crain employees and work closely with other HR team members on HR related support functions including recruiting support, new hire support, exiting
employee support, etc.
Primary focus is ensuring accuracy in semimonthly payroll process of payroll checks. Payroll processes will include data entry, reviewing and inputting timesheets, importing files and reporting using Cognos in Ultipro and Excel.
Secondary focus is ensuring all employment data and benefits data is maintained timely and accurately. The ideal person for this role will possess a
strong attention to detail and focus yet be able to collaborate and adapt effortlessly to shifting priorities. It is our commitment to ensure all active or termed employees are treated with a gold standard of customer service.
Other job responsibilities include drafting employee change reports with accuracy, support and assist with various HR projects and initiatives, filing, creating new hire folders, and other administrative duties. Other duties as assigned.
- Mimimum 2 years’ HR administrative or Payroll experience providing detail- and customer-oriented support
- Background working on detailed, time sensitive work while still providing a high level of customer service
- HRIS management/administration experience
- Advanced skills in Excel including V-look up, pivot tables, creating csv import files
- Experience doing highly accurate data entry
- Strong customer focus
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize projects quickly and efficiently
- Background reviewing timesheets for accuracy and preparing import file
- Must be able to work traditional office hours in our downtown Detroit office
- Experience using Ultimate Software/Ultipro
- Understanding of payroll terms and processes
- Ability to create reports using Cognos
- Experience processing wage assignments
- Knowledge of HR, Retirement and / or Benefits a plus
- CPP accreditation would be helpful
- Some college preferred
Crain Communications has been at the forefront of the publishing industry for more than a century. Combining information with innovation, Crain delivers the story you can’t get anywhere else. As a privately held company,
we maintain a personal responsibility for elevating our work to be the best it can be. Every editor, reporter and correspondent at Crain shares the responsibility of ensuring the editorial independence and importance of our work. With an Audience First focus
and uncompromising integrity, we strive to make a real impact for the individuals and industries we serve. While other media companies report the news, Crain gives it meaning. We add context to content, infuse information with insights, and initiate connections
as well as conversations.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit-sharing and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization — a profitable, well-established publishing leader.
Follow Crain on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Glassdoor
Crain Communications Inc is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status
as a protected veteran, or disability. We thank you for your interest in Crain Communications and invite you to visit our website as positions are updated regularly. EOE/Vet/Disability
Please view the Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law Poster provided by OFCCP
||Send This Job to a Friend