||Crain Global Polymer Group
||Director, Trade Shows
||Full Time Regular
The Director of Trade Shows will be responsible for all aspects of the trade show business for the Crain Global Polymer Group. The current portfolio includes trade shows in Europe, China, Mexico and the U.S. Responsibilities include strategy direction, P&L,
sales, vendor management, logistics and partner relationships for such brands as UTECH Europe, UTECH North America, UTECH Las Americas, UTECH China, PU China, Plastics Recycling Show Europe (PRSE) and Plastics Design & Molding (PDM).
The Director will work closely with the group publisher to nurture and grow our existing trade show business. The Director will also work with joint venture partners, marketing partners, logistics management partners and our internal team consisting of a
conference director, editors, marketing and audience development teams to ensure successful execution of the current portfolio of trade shows. In addition, the Director will evaluate new trade show opportunities domestically and internationally for the plastics,
urethanes and rubber markets.
This position reports directly to the vice president/group publisher of the Crain Global Polymer Group.
Key responsibilities of the Director of Trade Shows:
- Inspect and evaluate potential host venues and cities for trade shows
- Negotiate the best rates for venues, booth construction, logistics management, food and beverage, attendee transportation and all relevant onsite event needs
- Develop pricing for booth and sponsorship sales
- Develop strategy for attracting trade show attendees
- Develop pricing for conference registration at trade shows in collaboration with conference director
- Organize and lead the trade show sales team (both internal and independent) to ensure each event remains profitable and on a positive growth curve
- Develop and cultivate relationships with industry experts and trade association leaders
- Work with conference director and editors to make sure the trade shows’ conference agendas and themes remain timely and relevant
- Research and develop new trade shows as necessary/appropriate
- Extensive travel required.
- Other duties as required.
- A minimum of 10 years’ trade show experience including P&L as well as leading sales/sponsorship teams.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills a must.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects on deadlines, which will vary from months to years in advance.
- Ability to cultivate relationships and communities within the polymer community.
- 30% international travel required
- Experience with plastics, urethanes and/or rubber industry a plus.
- Experience in media industry is a plus.
- Experience using project management software (Salesforce, Cvent) a plus.
Urethanes Technology International published six times per year, and is now firmly established as the most important global magazine for this vibrant industry.
Industry leaders turn to Urethanes Technology International first when they need to know the latest technologies, applications and developments in the field of polyurethanes, and how these can impact the way they do business. In 2009, Urethanes
Technology International launched Urethanes Technology-North America – a polyurethane publication for the world’s second largest market, North America. It is published four times per year.
Urethanes Technology International assumed full ownership in April 2009 of the Utech exhibitions held on a three-year cycle in Europe, North America or Asia, as well as PU China which is held regionally each year and combines with Utech Asia every
three years in Shanghai.
Crain Communications has been at the forefront of the publishing industry for more than a century. Combining information with innovation, Crain delivers the story you can’t get anywhere else. As a privately held company,
we maintain a personal responsibility for elevating our work to be the best it can be. Every editor, reporter and correspondent at Crain shares the responsibility of ensuring the editorial independence and importance of our work. With an Audience First focus
and uncompromising integrity, we strive to make a real impact for the individuals and industries we serve. While other media companies report the news, Crain gives it meaning. We add context to content, infuse information with insights, and initiate connections
as well as conversations.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing
Follow Crain on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Glassdoor
Crain Communications Inc is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status
as a protected veteran, or disability. We thank you for your interest in Crain Communications and invite you to visit our website as positions are updated regularly. EOE/Vet/Disability
Please view the Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law Poster provided by OFCCP
||Send This Job to a Friend