||Pensions & Investments
||Investor Relations Manager
||Full Time Regular
The P&I investor relations manager reports to the Director of Audience Development and is responsible for increasing overall engagement with P&I products with a particular focus on conference attendance. This individual will develop relationships with senior
level executives within pension plan sponsor, foundation and endowment organizations. The position requires an entrepreneurial self-starter with excellent communication skills who has the ability to work well both autonomously and with a team. The investor
relations manager must have experience in the financial services market and have a proven ability to deliver successful new concepts and ideas.
Responsibilities & Duties Include:
- Develop key contacts and recruit new, high level contacts to add to the potential speaker, advisory board and attendee pipeline.
- Work with conference programmers to develop key target list.
- Assist in building out VIP contact database with specific attributes and relevant intelligence.
- Research competitive industry conferences for potential speakers, ambassadors and attendees.
- Assist with advisory board development and recruitment.
- Attend P&I Conferences making connections with asset owners speaking and attending the meeting.Additionally, set appointments with other asset owners not in attendance and in close proximity.
- Follow up with conference attendees to get feedback on the conference experience and communicate back to the P&I Team.
- Gather intelligence from the asset owner community and communicate to P&I Team to facilitate new product and topic ideas.
- Develop online community for asset owners
- Develop a measurable plan for cultivation and engagement.
- Other duties as needed.
- 3+ years’ experience in a business or source development role within a financial consulting, financial services media, financial conferences, or other financial service provider company.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Proven track record in establishing and maintaining solid client relationships.
- Must have previous experience with financial services industry and be well versed in financial strategies.
- Background building rapport in a face to face setting with high level financial professionals.
- Background establishing / maintaining engagement and conversation on high level financial strategies and trends in an extremely professional manner.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Willingness to provide outstanding customer service. A flexible, "can do" attitude.
- Effective and confident verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Background of providing outstanding customer service, nurturing professional relationships and follow up a must.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Product development within related field.
- Ability and willingness to travel 10-25%.
- Prior experience in a similar role with a competitor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field.
- Financial conference background.
- Financial designation such as a CFA or CAIA certification.
- Existing relationships with asset owners.
- Data research background.
- Experience with Salesforce a plus.
Pensions & Investments delivers news, research and analysis to institutional asset owners, as well as to money management executives who direct the flow of the world’s largest pool of
investible capital. Pensions & Investments is the international newspaper of money management. The publication is known for its integrity, professionalism and authoritative voice. Its mission is to help its readers do their jobs better. Our coverage includes
business and financial news, legislative and regulatory developments and global investing trends for money managers and executives at pension funds, foundations, endowments and sovereign wealth funds.
Crain Communications has been at the forefront of the publishing industry for more than a century. Combining information with innovation, Crain delivers the story you can’t get anywhere
else. As a privately held company, we maintain a personal responsibility for elevating our work to be the best it can be. Every editor, reporter and correspondent at Crain shares the responsibility of ensuring the editorial independence and importance of our
work. With an Audience First focus and uncompromising integrity, we strive to make a real impact for the individuals and industries we serve. While other media companies report the news, Crain gives it meaning. We add context to content, infuse information
with insights, and initiate connections as well as conversations.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable,
well established publishing leader.
Follow Crain on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Glassdoor
Crain Communications Inc is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status
as a protected veteran, or disability. We thank you for your interest in Crain Communications and invite you to visit our website as positions are updated regularly. EOE/Vet/Disability
Please view the Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law Poster provided by OFCCP
||Send This Job to a Friend