||Full Time Regular
For more than 40 years, Modern Healthcare has been an indispensable source of news and information for the healthcare industry most influential executives and those who want to follow in their footsteps. With a combined print and online readership of more
than 600,000 and more than 1 million unique site visitors per month, Modern Healthcare is delivering award-winning journalism to more people than at any point in its history. In print, online, through in-person events, mobile and video, Modern Healthcare is
the pre-eminent resource of news and information for advancing the business of healthcare organizations and professionals.
The Event Programmer will be responsible for content development and speaker recruitment for Modern Healthcare’s events. The Event Programmer will work with the event team, sales director, publisher and editorial management to develop new event topics and
themes as well as ensuring that all events have appropriate, relevant and compelling content and speakers to drive event attendance.
Key responsibilities of the Event Programmer;
- Develop relationships and cultivation efforts with leading Chicago CEOs and companies.
- Develop event agendas and themes for panel discussion topics and keynote speaker presentations for both physical as well as virtual (webinars) events
- Vet, recruit and prepare C-suite panelists, guest speakers and moderators.
- Work with event and custom sponsors to develop appropriate workshop and roundtable ideas, review presentations for relevancy and messaging and work with event team on all areas of conference development.
- Prepare all panels and moderators, including running panel preparation calls and providing notes and framework for speakers.
- Coordinate with Event Planner/Coordinator on event content flow the day of (on-site), ensuring proper timing and transition and speaker preparedness.
- Maximize sponsorship and attendee opportunities across current portfolio by creating new opportunities within each event.
- Serve as moderator for panel discussions at both physical and virtual events
- Work with event team to develop promotion materials and set schedule of promotion for events.
- Lead plan implementation across sales, marketing, audience development and event execution departments to ensure successful rollout and attendance.
- On-going competitive analysis to stay abreast of other programming, conferences, content and events happening locally from a topic, speaker and sponsor stand point.
- Assess current landscape and market to identify new opportunities.
- Identify opportunities to amplify events across multiple platforms.
- Understand strategies and tools to optimize, iterate and measure effectiveness.
- Be a thought leader on existing and new methods of conference and event development.
- Experience in successful conference planning and speaker recruitment
- 3+ years of experience in conference planning/speaker recruitment
- Must have a broad and deep knowledge of the healthcare industry landscape
- Detail oriented and strong multi-tasker
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Excel and PowerPoint expertise
- Familiarity with Cvent, Sharepoint and Salesforce Marketing Cloud/ExactTarget a plus
- A journalism background, communications or conference planner
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry is a must
- Be familiar with the key players and companies across all segments of the healthcare industry
Modern Healthcare is the industry’s leading source of healthcare business and policy news, research and information. We report on important healthcare events and trends, as they happen, through our weekly print
magazine, websites, e-newsletters, mobile products and events. Our readers use that information to make informed business decisions and lead their organizations to success. It’s for this reason that Modern Healthcare magazine is ranked No. 1 in readership
among healthcare executives.
Crain Communications has been at the forefront of the publishing industry for more than a century. Combining information with innovation. Crain delivers the story you can’t get anywhere else. As a privately held company,
we maintain a personal responsibility for elevating our work to be the best it can be. Every editor, reporter and correspondent at Crain shares the responsibility of ensuring the editorial independence and importance of our work. With an Audience First focus
and uncompromising integrity, we strive to make a real impact for the individuals and industries we serve. While other media companies report the news, Crain gives it meaning. We add context to content, infuse information with insights, and initiate connections
as well as conversations.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing
Follow Crain on Facebook,
Crain Communications Inc is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status
as a protected veteran, or disability. We thank you for your interest in Crain Communications and invite you to visit our website as positions are updated regularly. EOE/Vet/Disability
Please view the Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law Poster provided by OFCCP
||Send This Job to a Friend