||Jail Diversion Coordinator
Jail Diversion Coordinator
Mental Health Services
The Eliot Center in Concord is seeking a dynamic, organized and self-motivated leader in the role of Jail Diversion Coordinator. This position works with 9 local police departments
assisting individuals, including adults, adolescents, children, and families who are dealing with mental health and substance abuse issues to ensure diversion from the criminal justice system to treatment providers.
- Manage a referral base with the police department and the local mental health and substance abuse community in order to develop a population to whom services can be provided.
- Provide side by side interventions to consumers that focus on problem solving, skills training, modeling behavior, optimism and encouragement focused on treatment for mental
illness and/or substance abuse.
- Provide co-response for police officers when they have identified individuals in crisis or in need of developing diversion plans.
- Manage the consumers in the program and coordinate services within Eliot, within the police departments and with outside community providers.
- Maintain website and marketing materials to promote the program.
- Provide outreach to the community through public speaking, training and advocacy.
- Supervise recovery coach and oversee programming with the local court.
Schedule: Monday- Friday 9-5
Salary: based on experience