||Engagement Peer Specialist BA
Peer Engagement Specialist Part Time
- Perform outreach and engagement activities to identify homeless people living in public places, drop in centers, meal sites and shelters.
- Provide concrete services such as warm clothing, blankets, and food to reduce risk of harm on the streets. Encourage use of shelter, meal sites, and other related services for those who are unsheltered.
- Maintain a thorough, current knowledge of local public and private resources including housing, residential programs, and other community organizations. Maintain positive working relationships with representatives of these organizations.
- Coordinate efforts with the other service providers to ensure integrated service delivery for consumers. Empower consumers to exercise autonomy in all aspects of their life.
- Assist consumers with identifying choices and developing skills in self-advocacy.
- Collaborate with other staff members to ensure that the consumer’s perspective is always included, that preferences are recognized and that consumer choices are maximized.
- Provide training and consultation to staff to facilitate the understanding of consumer perspectives as needed. Provide guidance to consumers in recovery process.
- Provide advocacy, support, and education during intake and transition processes across the spectrum of services and transition to independence.
- Assist consumers with being able to identify personal methods of recovery from mental illness and to develop self-management plans to address their experiences by drawing off of lived experience/own recovery process.
- Provide linkage and referral to emergency shelter, meal sites, mental health and substance abuse treatment, public entitlements, and other community services including follow-up and case management.
- Consult with supervisor related to eligibility and assessment.
Schedule: Tuesday-Thursday 20 hours per week
Pay: $15.86 per hour