||Marketing Media Coordinator
Implement strategic media plans for the Orlando Magic, with a focus on core assets, working closely with internal partners and creative teams. Assist with the development of, and lead the execution of, strategic marketing plans for select products.
• Reports To: Marketing Media Manager
• Indirectly Reports To: Assistant Director of Marketing
• # of Direct Reports:
FT Staff: 0
PT Staff: none
• Game night responsibilities Yes:
• Approximate number of games worked per season: 1-20
• Event night responsibilities: Yes
• Approximate number of events worked per season: 1-20
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Implement media plans that maximize the use of our core assets, including Amway Center ProStix and TowerNose, game night LED and digital TV, FOX Sports Florida and other partner TV and radio drops, on-hold messages, MyLoyalBlue.com, OrlandoMagic.com and NBA
• Assist the Marketing Media Manager with trafficking purchased media as needed.
• Produce clear and concise reports that show the forecasted and past use of external media and core assets.
• Communicate media plans in a timely manner that allows for development of creative assets.
• Responsible for the on-time submission and accurate trafficking of ads.
• Assist with the development of strategic marketing plans to support select products such as single game tickets and retail.
• Oversee the execution of traditional and digital advertising campaigns to support these products.
• Manage the development of creative assets to promote select products.
• Write copy for radio scripts, PA announcements, broadcast drops, billboards, online ads, sales collateral and more.
• Coordinate special activation elements for select single game promotions such as Family Days and Fan Appreciation Night.
• Contribute to the execution of major marketing campaigns and initiatives, i.e., annual campaigns, anniversaries, season launch and Playoffs.
• Work with Business Strategy and Media to measure the effectiveness of the marketing and advertising campaigns, adjusting plans as needed.
• Report post-campaign results, key learnings and future recommendations for marketing initiatives within assigned area of focus.
• Benchmark other teams and industries for inspiration and to ensure the Orlando Magic is proactive and innovative.
• Assist with the marketing media budget by verifying invoice accuracy, coding and processing of payments, tracking, and reporting.
• Makes decisions guided by precedent and based on company policy.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor degree in advertising, marketing, sport management, business, or related field or equivalent experience required.
• Minimum two years’ experience in marketing or related field preferred.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office products and other related computer skills required.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business and creative writing skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
• Ability to work independently without supervision and demonstrate initiative.
• Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
• Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
• Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.