||Esports Partnership Development Manager
Responsible for creating and enhancing revenue streams related to Esports programs for the Orlando Magic.
• Reports To: Chief Sales Officer
• Indirectly Reports To: Sr. Vice President, Corporate Partnership & Premium Activation
• Indirectly Reports To: Director of Magic Gaming, Business Strategy
• Game night responsibilities: No
• Approximate number of games worked per season: None
• Event night responsibilities: Yes
• Approximate number of events worked per season: 21-40
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Strive to achieve company and department goals and objectives while meeting Esports sales goals.
• Achieve Esports sales quotas through both new business of advertising and sponsorship opportunities.
• Identify Esports partnership leads, prepare and present proposal to potential clients.
• Manage Esports prospect list as assigned/developed/drafted.
• Responsible for accounts receivables related to new Esports partnership deals.
• Develop an understanding of metrics related to social media, streaming and onsite engagements.
• Develop an understanding of in market promotions and how the concept will benefit the partner and raise the profile of the Magic Gaming brand.
• Develop an understanding of ROI strategies.
• Make outbound calls and schedule meetings according to department expectations.
• Provide Chief Sales Officer with updated daily & weekly reports related to:
COTC category/prospect analysis
CRM input and utilization
Understand core departmental selling philosophies.
Negotiate sponsor contracts pending final approval by Chief Sales Officer.
• Effectively communicate client expectations and contractual obligations to appropriate internal departments.
• Effectively manage and activate account to ensure fulfillment of client deliverables in coordination with the Esports team.
• Prospect new businesses and categories for Esports potential clients.
• Develop strong, long-term relationship with both clients and co-workers.
• Understand and manage client needs and organizational goals to create innovative revenue generating programs.
• Attend team and community events to establish and build client partnerships.
• Event responsibilities include Grassroots meetings, meet & greets, hosting tournaments with gamers, etc.
• Makes decisions guided by precedent and based on company policy
• All other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience required.
• Minimum of 2 years of sponsorship sales experience required (sponsorship, media sales and broadcast sales experience preferred).
• Proven track record of reaching sales quotas and working in a competitive sales environment required.
• Experience developing marketing plans, promotions, presentations and proposals required.
• Personal and/or professional experience in Esports gaming required.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office products and other related computer skills required.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
• Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
• Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others.
• Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
• Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.