||Solar Bears Part Time Floor Manager
Organize and execute all on-ice elements and direct all intern staff during home games.
• Reports To: Event Presentation & Marketing Manager
• Indirectly Reports To: Director of Marketing
• Game night responsibilities: Yes
• Approximate number of games worked per season: ALL HOME GAMES
• Event night responsibilities: No
• Approximate number of events worked per season: None
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Execute all pre-game elements including, but not limited to anthem performers, color guard, season ticket member of the game and ceremonial puck drops.
• Execute all on-ice promotions and contests as they are written in the game script.
• Meet and direct all on-ice performances
• Delegate all gameday responsibilities to interns
• Coordinate pre-game and intermission timing with home and away teams.
• Attend pre-game meeting with Solar Bears full-time staff.
• Attend pregame production meeting with Marketing Strategist and Event Presentation & Marketing Manager
• Makes decisions guided by precedent and based on company policy.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Must be able stand, walk and run for 4 hours per game
• Must be able to lift 50+ pounds
• High School graduate or equivalent experience required.
• Previous experience working and walking on ice required.
• Event presentation experience preferred.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office products and other related computer skills required.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
• Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
• Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
• Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
• Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.