||Motion Graphics Designer/Editor
Serve the role of motion graphics designer and video editor for the Broadcast Production department with a focus on in-game, social media and auxiliary programming needs.
• Reports To: Display Systems & Motion Graphics Manager
• Indirectly Reports To:
• # of Direct Reports:
• Game night responsibilities: Yes
• Approximate number of games worked per season: 1-20
• Event night responsibilities: Yes
• Approximate number of events worked per season: 1-20
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serve the role of motion graphics designer for the Orlando Magic Broadcast Production department. Provide graphic and animation support for departmental projects as assigned, including but not limited to:
o Video features for in-arena Magic Vision or specialty digital signage (video walls, etc.),
o Video features for Magic social media channels and orlandomagic.com.
o Graphic and feature support to Fox Sports Florida.
o Additional Internal / External video production requests.
• Serve as an editor for Orlando Magic Broadcast Production needs as assigned, including but not limited to:
o In-Arena features or highlight reels
o Orlandomagic.com content
o Social media features and interactive content
o Footage requests and features for Fox Sports Florida broadcasts
o Internal/External video requests
• Meet regularly with Display Systems & Motion Graphics Manager to determine assignments, scope of work and updates for existing projects.
• Responsible for content creation execution of digital signage and display requests for internal and external partners.
• Deliver final animations to Digital Signage Systems Manager and LED Systems Manager prior to the required delivery deadline. Communicate effectively when content is ready to be loaded into each system as well as any updates to existing content.
• Collaborate with Broadcast Production producers during the ideation process, work with videographers to ensure plans for footage use are captured in the field.
• Produce, design and deliver Magic Marketing TV drops for Fox Sports broadcast as assigned by Broadcast Production management.
• Responsible for working directly with internal and external clients, as assigned, for post-production projects.
• Work with Creative and Marketing Strategy on the development and management of the “Digital” version of the Orlando Magic brand style guide.
• Acquire comprehensive operational knowledge of LED/digital TV signage platforms and AC video control room CG programs to include:
o LED: Daktronics Show Controller,
o Digital TV: Four Winds Interactive Digital signage system
o CG: Ross XPression
• Ensure that projects and file structures are properly managed, routinely maintained throughout the season to maximize space on shared storage.
• Work with the Broadcast Production management team to design and facilitate the production of CG graphics for in-arena programming as needed.
• Compile and deliver proofs of existing content to internal and external clients as requested.
• Operate Video Control room equipment for live Magic events which include, but are not limited to:
o OMYF Gala
o Magic Dancer Auditions
o Draft Party
o Open Practice
• Work with Digital Content Coordinator to help manage footage database and assist in facilitating footage requests as assigned.
• Makes decisions while working within the limits of standard practice.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Associate’s degree in communications, graphic design, digital media or television production preferred or equivalent experience required.
• A minimum of three years of producing at a postproduction facility or for a professional sports organization required.
• A minimum of three years professional experience as Digital Graphics Designer required.
• A minimum of three years experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Media Encoder and Illustrator required.
• Experience working with unique composition sizes (LED and multiple display formats) required.
• Experience with common video and image formats required.
• Experience with leading and developing projects required.
• A minimum of two years experience with Cinema 4D preferred.
• Previous experience in live entertainment production strongly preferred.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office products and other related computer skills required.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
• Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
• Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
• Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
• Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.