||Digital Content Designer-Illustrator
Serve the role of Digital Content Designer and Illustrator for all Content Studio content creation with a primary focus on social media. Design and create content that supports Orlando Magic online advertising and digital advertising needs.
• Reports To: Assistant Director of Graphic Production
• Indirectly Reports To:
• # of Direct Reports:
• Game night responsibilities: Yes
• Approximate number of games worked per season: 21-40
• Event night responsibilities: Yes
• Approximate number of events worked per season: 1-20
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and create digital content for Orlando Magic organizational needs, including but not limited to:
o Social Media
o Online Advertising (Google, Trueview, etc.)
o Digital billboards
o Amway Center exterior signage
o Amway Center digital signage
• Collaborate with Content Studio managem¬¬ent to generate innovative and engaging digital content for Orlando Magic social media platforms.
• Ensure quality control, including proofing, reviewing, and evaluating creative output.
• Collaborate and contribute to the creative development process as a member of the Content Studio team, consistently partnering with other creative areas of the organization and working with external agencies as applicable.
• Acquire input from key internal partners, such as Marketing Strategy, Fan Development and Corporate Partnerships as required prior to design of various projects.
• Work with Content Studio Coordinator to deliver projects for review to Content Studio leadership and/or both internal and external clients.
• Work with Content Studio Coordinator and Digital Content Coordinator to ensure all finished content has been both delivered to the end user in the correct format, as well as archived in Media Asset Management system for future use.
• Help to continually develop and maintain Content Studio stock footage library based on changing department needs.
• Maintain technical and operational knowledge of emerging technologies. Work with Content Studio leadership to implement into workflow to create departmental efficiencies.
• Monitor and certify that all content being produced adheres to the Orlando Magic brand guidelines.
• Participate in the ideation and creation of confidential content and/or organizational initiatives such as trades, free agency or other special projects as assigned.
• Articulate and support creative needs for media day video and photo shoots.
• Attend weekly production meetings and contribute by sharing ideas and content benchmarks.
• Makes decisions while working within the limits of standard practice.
• All other duties as assigned.
• 2 year degree in graphic design, mass media, communications or equivalent experience required.
• 3 years of graphic design and/or illustration experience required.
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator required.
• Additional proficiency or knowledge of After Effects, InDesign, Lightroom and Premiere considered a plus.
• Knowledge of traditional file formats and codecs required.
• Previously experience with Media Asset Management platforms preferred.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office products and other related computer skills required.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
• Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
• Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
• Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
• Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.