Serve the role of video editor for all Broadcast Production content creation including production for social media, in-game activation, Fox Sports Florida broadcasts, and internal and external client needs.
• Reports To: Sr. Producer
• Indirectly Reports To:
• # of Direct Reports:
• Game night responsibilities: Yes
• Approximate number of games worked per season: 1-20
• Event night responsibilities: Yes
• Approximate number of events worked per season: 1-20
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serve as an editor for Orlando Magic Broadcast Production needs as assigned, including but not limited to:
o Social media features and interactive content
o In-Arena features and highlight reels
o Orlandomagic.com content
o Inside the Magic shows
o Footage requests and features for Fox Sports Florida broadcasts
o Internal/External video requests
• Collaborate with Broadcast Production managem¬¬ent to generate innovative and engaging content for Orlando Magic digital media platforms.
• Use available content creation tools to help reshape to edit and produce compelling content to be delivered to our fans through various digital mediums.
• Work with Content Studio Coordinator to delivery projects for review to Content Studio leadership and/or both internal and external clients.
• Work with Content Studio Coordinator and Digital Content Coordinator to ensure all finished content has been both delivered to the end user in the correct format, as well as archived in Media Asset Management system for future use.
• Use Media Asset Management system to research footage for edits, ensure that all footage being used for edit is ingested into the platform if not already there.
• Acquire footage for edits as needed by utilizing external content download networks including NBA Media Archive, NBA Content Network and stock video websites.¬¬
• Work with Broadcast Production videographers to continually develop and maintain Broadcast Production stock footage library based on changing department needs.
• Maintain technical and operational knowledge of emerging technologies.
• Work with Broadcast Production leadership to implement into workflow to create departmental efficiencies.
• Work with internal departments and external Orlando Magic partners to develop content that promotes their initiatives.
• Assist Content Studio leadership by creating rough edits as assigned.
• Meet with Content Studio Coordinator and Content Studio leadership to determine the scope of work, understand and develop the project with the client to achieve the desired end result.
• Monitor and certify that all content being produced adheres to the Orlando Magic brand guidelines.
• Assist with ingest and logging of footage and content as assigned.
• Troubleshoot technology and work with IT to solve problems.
• Attend weekly production meetings and contribute by sharing ideas and content benchmarks.
• Makes decisions guided by precedent and based on company policy.
• All other duties as assigned.
• 2 year degree in video production, mass media, communications or equivalent experience required.
• 3 years of non-linear video editing experience required.
• Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro and Media Encoder required.
• Additional proficiency or knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, and Illustrator considered a plus.
• Knowledge of traditional file formats and codecs required.
• Previous graphic design experience strongly preferred.
• Previously experience with Media Asset Management platforms preferred.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office products and other related computer skills required.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
• Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
• Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
• Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
• Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.