||Part Time Tourism Representative
This seasonal, part-time office position will execute all administrative duties to support Tourism and Ticket Sales Department sales initiatives with office hours scheduled primarily during regular office hours; approximately 9:00am–6:00pm.
• Reports To: Tourism Account Executive
• Indirectly Reports To:
• # of Direct Reports:
• Game night responsibilities: No
• Approximate number of games worked per season: None
• Event night responsibilities: No
• Approximate number of events worked per season: None
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Facilitate incoming ticket sales from a variety of sales channels, using sales tactics to upsell and maximize revenue with each transaction.
• Daily management of Tourism phone lines by answering all incoming calls, return all voicemails and edit voicemail prompts as necessary.
• Daily management of Tourism email inboxes.
• Daily management of ActiveEngage online chat platform for all tourism related leads and inquiries.
• Process Tourism ticket orders in Archtics ticketing system with great attention to detail to tracking requirements.
• Support Group Sales Department by processing ticket orders and performing tasks as needed.
• Facilitate all necessary will call ticket fulfillment and ticket delivery needs.
• Assist with offsite events such as in-market tradeshows and hotel blitzes as needed.
• Makes decisions with little or no choice as to the methods and procedures used in achieving results.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Telecommunications and customer service experience strongly preferred.
• Fluent in Spanish and/or Portuguese preferred.
• Familiarity with Archtics or similar ticketing platform preferred.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office products and other related computer skills required.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
• Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
• Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
• Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
• Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.