The Data Analyst will work within the Business Strategy team and under the direction of the Senior Data Engineer to support the team’s ongoing data strategy and data engineering efforts, including administering, developing, and maintaining the organization’s
Enterprise Data Warehouse. The candidate will contribute throughout the data management lifecycle in areas including data acquisition, management, hygiene, and process/system documentation. Additionally, the Data Analyst will analyze data and report results
from the Enterprise Data Warehouse environment.
• Reports To: Senior Data Engineer
• Indirectly Reports To: Vice President of Strategy
• Game night responsibilities: Yes
• Approximate number of games worked per season: 1-20
• Event night responsibilities: No
• Approximate number of events worked per season: None
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in the evaluation of the organization’s data warehousing efforts, including assessing ETL processes and identifying key database needs.
• Support development and troubleshooting of data through manual or ETL processes.
• Manages the lifecycle of physical data models and data maps for data warehouse system.
• Develop and maintain business intelligence dashboards focused on the health and performance of the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
• Develop and maintain formal documentation on all Enterprise Data Warehouse elements including ETL jobs, target table content/construction, etc.
• Proactively monitor and communicate to the Business Strategy team all environment changes/enhancements that may affect downstream analysis, reports, and campaigns.
• Provides assistance to end users and programmers regarding data warehouse related problems and issues.
• Perform as-needed database segmentation, including generating target groups and prospect lists for campaigns.
• Identify opportunities for automation and data integration between source systems and assist with implementation.
• Support as-needed/ad-hoc requests for data, reports and analysis.
• Makes decisions guided by precedent and based on company policy.
• All other duties as assigned.
• 4-year degree in Business, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Analytics, or related field or equivalent work experience required.
• 2+ years’ experience in Enterprise Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, analytic computing, data analysis, and pattern identification with various forms of data required.
• 2+ years’ experience with Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) & SQL platforms required.
• 2+ years’ experience in utilizing data integration/ETL tools (such as SAS Data Integration Studio) required.
• Proficiency in SQL is required.
• Experience with common data science toolkits, such as SAS, R, Python etc.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office products and other related computer skills required.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
• Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
• Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
• Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
• Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.