||Business Development Manager - Power Systems
Milton CAT is seeking an experienced Gas Business Development Manager. The Business Development Manager is responsible for sales leadership of engine and associated equipment into the Combined Heat and Power (CHP), Landfill Gas (LFG) and Distributed Generation
(DG) industries. This position requires an individual with a detailed knowledge of products, services and markets of the gas application business.
- Devise and implement an overall gas business strategy as it relates to the identification of opportunities, creating a pipeline of qualified prospects, fostering client relationships and the growth of revenue in this industry.
- Use market information to align current product and service offerings with customer needs by developing partnerships.
- Work directly with end users, consulting engineers and developers to qualify and develop opportunities.
- Provide industry expertise in CHP, LFG and DG through, presenting at conferences and in front of clients, writing journal articles, white papers and marketing pieces, posting and using social media, as well as conducting product/application Coordinate the
completion of technical and commercial proposals with support from application team.
- Continuous follow up on sales projects e.g. opportunity tracking, forecast to meet financial goals and factory load plans, etc.
- Lead negotiations from first customer contact for the project to closure of opportunities.
- Feedback on customer requirements, product improvements, market price levels & customer satisfaction.
- Work with engineering and product support salespeople to manage and execute projects in an efficient, cost-effective manner.
- Maintain the corporate marketing database inclusive of call reports, proposals, lost sales reports and other documents as directed by management.
- Provide management reports on market opportunities; sales results, customers, competitive trends, industry trends, etc.
- Technical vetting of all customers technical proposals/quotations prior to submission to ensure the appropriate equipment is being proposed to customer at acceptable technical terms.
- Advanced quantitative and economic analysis, policy and regulatory research and support, and technical analysis focused on distributed energy resources including combined heat and power (CHP), LFG, CNG/LNG and demand response.
- Proposal writing for commercial and government opportunities.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
||Minimum Educational Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field required. Equivalent education and relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a bachelor's degree.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- 10+ years of direct sales and business development experience in the gas industry.
- Strategic oriented with a detailed knowledge of products, services and markets of gas application business.
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem solving capabilities.
- Strong negotiation, conflict resolution, and relationship building skills.
- Strong writing, presentation meeting facilitation skills.
- Well-developed communications skills; able to clearly and concisely express technical information (or data) to non-technical associates, peers and senior management.
- Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities for multiple projects or assignments.
- Proficient in the use of a computer and related Microsoft software.
- Ability to achieve excellent performance in individual and team environments.
- Demonstrated ability for on-time performance in a fast paced work environment.
- Must be self-motivated and team oriented, capable of managing time, priorities, and operates well under pressure with little supervision.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Travel 75% of the time throughout the Milton CAT territory, as well as outside of the Milton CAT territory when needed.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties.
Resumes that are mailed, emailed or hand-delivered to Milton CAT or any employee will not be considered. You must apply online. Background checks, drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
Milton CAT is an equal opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without
regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, handicap, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We base all employment decisions to further this principle of equal employment
opportunity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. EEO/AA employer.
||Send This Job to a Friend