Area Maintenance Manager: One of the most successful private companies in the multifamily industry is seeking an Area Maintenance Manager (AMM) in Dallas, TX. The successful candidate will oversee a group of 5 existing Class A properties
located in and around Dallas. Within 24-36 months, three additional assets that are currently under construction will be added to the portfolio.
The company is a fully vertically integrated developer, owner and manager of Class A rental communities in major markets across 15 states, with total portfolio of approximately 23,000 units. The company has an active development and acquisition pipeline.
Summary: Maintain a high level of quality and efficiency of all aspects of the maintenance operation within the assigned group of properties, including personnel, budgeting, planning and scheduling, inspecting, technical assistance, monitoring,
reporting, purchasing, and other tasks to achieve market objectives for the region.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following.
- Act as safety ambassador and promote a strong safety culture throughout the region
- Lead and participate in regular safety education meetings, regionally or at property level
- Monitor the compliance of safe work practices and use of PPE in the field – use positive reinforcement to correct behavior
- Assist the Regional Maintenance Director in developing site specific emergency evacuation plans in coordination with local authorities
- Activate and coordinate emergency response teams in the event of natural disasters
- Holds minimum of OSHA 10 certification, or obtain within 90 days of hire
- Understand and be able to use and interpret construction drawings, including architectural and mechanical, and construction manuals
- Identify building defects, and propose suitable solutions, and approximation of costs
- Assist the RMD in creating scopes of work for CapEx projects, manage competitive bidding process, identify most suitable contractor, and manage project through successful completion
- Supervise implementation of routine and special projects by site teams
- Experience with Yardi or other core property management software - able to create reports and analyze property performance metrics related to work order completion, turnover, and preventive maintenance.
- Ensure implementation of preventive maintenance (PM) program to ensure that all building systems, elements and components are maintained and serviced according to industry standards and manufacturer requirements
- Inspect properties and insure that cleaning, grounds keeping, inventory control, and general maintenance is being performed according to company policies and procedures
- Provide technical assistance on maintenance-related items
- Assist with various groups on asset acquisition and disposition
- Be a really good problem solver and creative thinker
Procurement and Contracting:
- Work in conjunction with the Procurement department to optimize negotiated relationships; ensure that site teams comply to greatest extent possible
- Assist Regional Maintenance Director (RMD) in negotiation of outside vendor contracts for region, such as cleaning, landscaping, painting, flooring – monitor quality of services and correct work quality of vendors where needed
- Be able to concisely describe problematic physical conditions to non-technical team members
- Be able to speak on an equal technical level with contractors and design professionals when discussing existing conditions and proposed designs or solutions
- Communicate professionally and respectfully with all company associates, both in writing and conversation
- Communicate frequently with VP Engineering, Regional SVP, Area Managers and Divisional Managers to keep them apprised of portfolio status
Supervisory & Team Building:
- Help RMD to manage team of Maintenance Supervisors, who supervise a maintenance staff at each property
- Coach and mentor Maintenance Supervisors, provide support on technical issues, and help them develop professionally and personally
- Encourage participation in ongoing education, and industry seminars and conferences
- The AMM is part of broader team of peers and will be expected to present ideas during formal and informal ‘best practice’ planning sessions focused on improving operational efficiency
- Support Vice President of Engineering with implementation of company maintenance initiatives
- Participates in the annual budget process, including costs for MRO and 7-year projection of capital needs
- Perform quarterly review of expenses related to maintenance, capital projects, and third-party contracted services; update plans and projections accordingly
- Local travel required within the Downtown Dallas area, and approximately 15 miles north of Dallas; candidates must be able to drive between properties
- Travel to properties based on specific needs/projects underway and as part of normal rotation to inspect/observe conditions and thoroughness/quality of operations
- May be called on to assist with due diligence/disposition efforts outside of designated region
- Perform other duties, responsibilities and special projects as required
Drug testing and background checks are an employment requirement.
Upon submission of your application, you will be invited to complete the Infor Talent Science Assessment.
Windsor Property Management Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer