At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always reexamining the way people learn best, whether it’s
one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries
of technology—and each other to surpass these boundaries—we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Pearson’s Online & Blended Learning K-12 group provides high-quality, highly accountable online education solutions to schools, school districts and students in grades K-12. It serves families and schools with a variety of digital learning and online school
solutions including Connections Academy, International Connections Academy, and Pearson Connexus. In 2017, it will deliver online learning to over 400,000 students in the U.S. and 48 countries. The group, formerly known as Connections Education, is based in
Columbia, Maryland and has been named a “Top Workplace” by the Baltimore Sun for three consecutive years and a “Best Place to Work” by Baltimore magazine. Recognized for its outstanding curriculum, high-quality teachers and leadership, Pearson Online & Blended
Learning is committed to expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
Family Connections Coordinators must be located within the Eastern/Pacific Time Zone. This is a
temporary position running from October through March 1. Working from your home office, the Family Connections Coordinator focuses on building and maintaining positive and productive relationships with families and caretakers. The Family Connections
Coordinator serves as a point of contact for families, working to ensure the success of the students enrolled in Connections Academy through a personalized approach to customer service. The Family Connections Coordinator functions as part of an inbound phone
queue that families can utilize to ask questions and receive assistance throughout the enrollment and post-enrolled processes. Acting as a liaison between families and schools, the Family Connections Coordinator lessens the need for families to contact teachers
for issues not related to school work, opening up teachers to focus on what’s most important, teaching and preparing students for success!
- Handle inbound calls in a phone queue setting, assisting families through the enrollment process and beyond
- Lead nurturing through both outbound and inbound calls
- Serve as an enrollment subject matter expert to families during the enrollment process
- Act as ambassador for the school in interactions with students and families
- Act as a liaison between local schools and enrollment to resolve issues that may impede enrollment
- Remain up to date with changes in enrollment policies and guidelines and communicate changes to families
- Assist with initial enrollment and onboarding through Learning Coach support groups, onboarding calls, and the development of relationships with parents and local school staff
- Monitor student participation and engagement through monthly check-in calls during the school year
- Communicate changes in school events, policies, and guidelines through interaction with school staff and parents
- And other duties as assigned
We require that employees have the appropriate means to work remotely, including adherence to our work at home policies regarding home office setup, including but not limited to privacy of records, technology standards, equipment standards and expectations.
The following equipment will be provided to you by the company as a full-time employee:
The following equipment will need to be provided by you, as the employee, when working from home:
- 2nd monitor (required)
- Mouse (required)
- Keyboard (required)