||State Testing Coordinator
Ohio Connections Academy (OCA) is a tuition-free, public online eSchool serving students in grades K-12 throughout Ohio. OCA is authorized by the Ohio Council of Community Schools and governed by an independent Board of Directors. The school is operated
by Ohio Connections Academy, a nonprofit corporation, through a contract with Connections Academy of Ohio, LLC, to provide its educational program and other services. OCA is accredited by the North Central Association on Accreditation and School Improvement,
an accrediting division of AdvancED.
From our office in Ohio, the State Testing Coordinator’s functions include managing, organizing, and collaborating with the administration team to provide safe, secure and confidential testing environments. This position’s duties will extend beyond test
coordination and will also include working with teachers to better analyze data and provide specific training. In addition to testing, the State Testing Coordinator will also be responsible for managing student accountability measures such as short cycle
assessments and test prep programs.
- Solicit and tabulate information regarding testing materials and needs for the school for the purpose of assisting in the preparation of the annual testing budget process;
- Receive, inventory, organize, and disseminate state-mandated tests; retrieve and organize test materials for return to state testing agencies;
- Prepare and arrange for shipment or pickup and retrieval of testing materials to and from test sites;
- Order, organize, store, and inventory school wide assessment materials as directed;
- Communicates often with parents and teachers to coordinate student success in and out of classroom;
- Assists with maintaining accountability of students and records;
- Assists administration with data analysis and data delivery to teachers and students;
- Organize standardized testing, focusing on accommodations, managing schedule for the testing, making rosters of students testing for teachers’ information, etc;
- Assist in notifying parents of upcoming testing, contacting students who must take various types of tests;
- Establishes alternate, quiet placement for students during testing hours;
- Investigates possible areas for improvement with test results, working with teachers on in-classroom tactics to increase scores;
- Assist with preparation and dissemination of reports to assist leadership and staff in the interpretation of performance data and school/student characteristics;
- Assist with preparation of test data, School Report Card or other school data; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Some operational or logistics experience and/or administrative or management experience
- Education experience a plus
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to accurately compile and interpret data, summarize information, and provide reports to the appropriate administrator/supervisor.
- Must have the ability to accurately give and receive information via telecommunication system and must be able to communicate successfully with children, parents, staff, school personnel, and outside agencies.
- Standing, sitting, walking, reaching, bending, lifting more than 20 pounds is oftentimes required.
- Must be able to provide own transportation to schools, work locations, and meeting sites.
- Be able to travel to various locations and move freely within work sites.
- Must have sufficient visual acuity to be able to work with computer monitors, read and interpret hand written documents.
- Be able to provide legible written reports.
- Must understand and interpret written and verbal instructions.
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to maintain accurate records, and plan and implement appropriate educational programs.
- Have the ability to work under the pressure of deadlines, interruptions, and the ability to deal with other employees in such a way as to maintain their goodwill.
- Must be able to respond positively to supervision and to accept commendations and recommendations.
- Demonstrate sensitivity/understanding in interpersonal relations with persons of diverse cultures/backgrounds.
||Send This Job to a Friend