Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
Respite Provider - Customized
JOB SUMMARY: Home based and site-based position which provides relief services to parents of developmentally disabled children.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: A Respite Provider-Customized must be able to consistently and successfully perform all essential functions of the position.
1. Provides respite services to individuals with developmental disabilities
2. Submits all daily/weekly/monthly paperwork by specified deadlines
3. Communicates individual needs to Habilitation Coordinator on a minimum of a monthly basis
4. Achieves minimum caseload and service delivery requirements as directed by the Habilitation Coordinator.
5. Communicates at least monthly with FSS Staff Trainer or Behavior Specialist.
6. Complies with agency Incident Reporting Policies and Procedures
7. Manages behavioral challenges of the consumer.
8. Perform any other duties as requested by your supervisor
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE - High School Diploma required AND one (1) year full-time paid direct care experience with the developmentally disabled, Experience working with children with severe behavioral needs is preferred. Experience working in the home setting is also preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Etc. - A valid NYS Drivers License and agency approval of driving record according to agency's Policy and Procedures AND clearance through NYS Central Register for Child Abuse and Maltreatment AND clearance for convictions of criminal misdemeanor and felony offenses. Must be CPR, First Aid and SCIP-R certified. (Agency will provide training) Annual physicals and PPD’s are required. Must be cleared through NYS OMRDD criminal background check unit prior to first day of employment.
PART TIME POSITION. Must be able to work a part-time flexible schedule of 3-19 hours per week to include evenings and weekends. Must also be able to attend a daytime training program.
Send This Job to a Friend