Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
Medicaid Service Coordinator
The Medicaid Service Coordinator must be able to consistently and successfully perform all essential functions of the position.
1. Develop, implement, and maintain the individual's ISP
A. Review the ISP and Habilitation Plans
B. Ensure that the individual's fire safety needs are carried out as stated in the ISP
2. Maintain contact with the individual as identified in the ISP
3. Maintain the individual's "primary record"
A.Ensure the completion of an annual re-determination of the need for the level of care in an ICF/MR (and any necessary re-determination of Medicaid eligibility)
B. Document service coordination activities in the Medicaid Service Coordinator's notes
C. Maintain roster of individuals receiving services
D. Ensure individual/individual’s family knowledge of 24 hour emergency contact number
4. Submit monthly billing
5. Facilitate and document a change in service coordination
6. Secure or continue to secure an advocate for each enrolled individual who requires or chooses to have one, and document attempts
7. Notify DDSO of HCBS terminations
8. Notify family and/or individual regarding termination of services
9. Follow incident reporting procedures as determined in the agency's Incident Management Policy & Procedures
10. Perform any other duties as requested by your supervisor
1. Bachelor Degree or higher in a health or human service field AND one year experience as a service coordinator working with any population OR one year's practical experience working with people with disabilities.
(Please note that a candidate for a bachelor's degree in an unrelated field may meet this educational requirement by providing a letter from his or her college verifying that the candidate has completed course work equivalent to an Associate's degree both in the total number of credits received and number of credits earned in a health or human service field.)
2. An Associate Degree in a health or human service field or a license to practice as a registered nurse, one year of service coordination related experience with any population OR one year experience working with people with developmental disabilities.
Send This Job to a Friend