||ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist in instruction and fulfillment of IFSP/IEP mandates
2. Implement established behavior plan(s)
3. Assist with the administration of standardized assessments
4. Assist teacher to establish and monitor individual lesson plans, data collection and charting systems
5. Assist in planning and conducting classroom activities that enhance opportunity to develop skills in areas of need
6. Assist with routine classroom functions
7. Assist with home-school communication
8. Assist with all required paperwork to be completed
9. Perform any other duties as requested by your supervisor
||To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of position skill and/or ability required.
• EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE – High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor degree in related field and one year experience working with children/young adults preferred.
• CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Etc. – NYS Teaching Assistant Certificate or Valid NYS Teacher Certificate in any field required.
• COMMUNICATION SKILLS - Command of the English language exhibiting the ability to verbally communicate, read and interpret general education periodicals/professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations; write and comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence, reports, etc. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to parents, students, and other employees of the organization etc. Designated positions may require the above stated (language skills) in a second language.
• OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
||Send This Job to a Friend