||DEC Outreach Evaluator
||DEC Outreach Evaluator - Physical Therapist, Special Education Teacher OR Speech Language Pathologist
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The DEC Evaluator must be able to consistently and successfully perform all essential functions of the position.
1. Conduct preschool and Early Intervention assessments as required upon referral from school districts’ CPSE and county.
2. Provide evaluation results to parents at the time of the assessment
3. Provide written reports for each child evaluated within the mandated time frame
4. Consult with members of the multidisciplinary evaluation team during and subsequent to the evaluation
5. Attend IFSP/CPSE meetings as the agency representative if needed
6. Perform other duties as required by supervisor.
||EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE – Bachelor of Science Degree in Physical Therapy from a New York State accredited four year college or university
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Etc. - Must be licensed as a Physical Therapist in NYS OR Speech Language Pathologist OR have a NYS Teaching Certification
COMMUNICATION SKILLS - Command of the English language exhibiting the ability to verbally communicate, read and interpret general education periodicals/professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations; write and comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence, reports, etc. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to parents, students, and other employees of the organization etc.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES - Ability to transport self to appointments. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS – Must complete OSHA Training annually, comply with Health and Safety Standards annually, participate in continuing education, maintain confidentiality and follow code of ethics.
||Send This Job to a Friend